KSC Spacecraft Fueling Service
Welcome to the Kennedy Space Center Spacecraft Fueling Service
The KSC fueling service is an efficient, flexible, and comprehensive solution that provides:
- Hypergolic propellant-compatible ground support equipment
- Detailed operating procedures
- The Spacecraft Fueling Team, a group of personnel trained and experienced in the safe and accurate loading of spacecraft propulsion systems
- The service is available to NASA, NASA-funded, and other U.S government funded missions. The service may be available to domestic nongovernmental entities through a Reimbursable Space Act Agreement.
- To date, the service has been provided to nine missions (see our history page)
Mission Planning and Requirements Development
- The Spacecraft Fueling Team works with customers well in advance of fueling operations to develop, document, fully understand and ensure compliance with mission-specific requirements.
Flexibility and Mission-Specific Process Tailoring
- The Fueling Team’s ground support equipment and procedures are versatile, accommodating varied spacecraft propulsion system configurations.
- The ground support equipment is mobile and self-contained, allowing the support of processing operations at KSC, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, adjacent commercial facilities, and at other sites around the country as required.